Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never had a 1st gen. camaro with one but I was curious how it mounts to the floor? etc.

Has anyone ever compared the setup to the nova version found in the 73-74 hatch back??

Anyone have pics, etc of the setup/install?

Thanks
Tim

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
The seat bottom with a fold down is narrower but hooks to the floor the same as most all seats back then, 2 metal hooks welded to the floor, accept and lock into steel bars that are part of the spring and frame of the seat. The fold down back part, hinges on the outer edges with hard to find parts. The latch on the 69 is on passenger side top corner. Hope these pics help give you a visual. :)

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I'm also reverting from a regular rear deluxe to a foldown. on the upper edge by the package tray are a few "J" hooks. I assume it's to mount the back part of a regular back seat. Do I need to remove these to add a fold down rear seat?

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Im not sure but if the J hooks stick out at all, they might have to come out. My folding seat has that long horizontal bar sitting low on the back frame to hold the colored cardboard divider. The folding seatback goes up flush to that, if your J hooks dont extend into that space, you should be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts