Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So I was finally able to buy back the 67 my dad bought and built back in 69. He had to sell it in 83 and the nice thing was he sold the car to my uncle, so it never really left the family. My uncle had a five year restoration done on the car that was finished in 1990. The car went into his storage garage and sat until I had the car delivered November 2012.

Car has 47000 original miles, but was only running on 7 cylinders. A friend of mine helped me pull the motor and we found one of the lobes on the cam had been completely worn off. Also, two of the piston rings had broken up and were just grinding themselves inside the cylinders. With the engine out I decided it was the right time to freshen the engine compartment because it was old and tired.

I'm about four months into my minor rebuild. I'm waiting on parts to arrive and the powder coater to finish up the 20 or so parts they have. Below or pictures that show the evolution of the car since 69. The first is right after my dad finished rebuilding the car in 69. He liked the Z28 look, so a friend of his painted some pretty radical stripes. The other old pic is from the mid 70s after my dad decided to go with a candy paint job. The final pic is the car what it looked like right after I rolled it off the trailer.

Thanks for looking and thanks to all that contribute their knowledge to the site. The information I have gleaned these past few months has been invaluable.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics of the deconstruction and the tired engine. The firewall was beat up from trying to cram in an HEI distributor. I used a little filler and smoothed it back out. Applied the primer sealer last week and it is ready for paint. I'll post some more pics as parts begin to arrive and I start putting things back together.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,347 Posts
Very nice. Good job.
Looks like a 6-qt oil pan, an original Holley 0-3310-1 carb, and the alternator would like the chrome cover removed. He gets alittle hot while working.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
:yes::D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the engine back from the speed shop. It wasn't orange enough, so I threw some more paint on. Had it completely rebuilt. It is now 30 over and full roller with a noisy gear drive. Looking forward to getting this put back in. Also got the intake manifold back from the powder coater. It looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DeWitt radiator and Tremec TKO600 showed up a few days ago. Finally got the firewall painted. Should only be a week or so to start putting things back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been awhile, but finally got the Camaro back together with help from my dad and some good friends. Still have a few items left to be powder coated (my plug looms) and additional billet grille inserts, but here are some pics of the 99% solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I purchased the grille from Rick's Camaro. Here is the link. http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-billet-grille-standard-without-park-lamp-holes-1967.html. I wanted it flat black so I took it to my powder coater. The lower grille inserts, which should be here tomorrow so I will post pics once they are installed, are found on ebay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevrolet-CAMARO-2PC-BUMPER-BLACK-BILLET-GRILLE-KIT-chevy-custom-grille-/181264179404?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Chevrolet|Model:Camaro&hash=item2a342fe0cc&vxp=mtr. I will be sending them off to my powder coater as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks Fantastic, my only concern for you is the in line fuel filter. There have been many threads with "issues" with these plastic / glass clear filters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: 67 back in the family - New Photos

Made some drastic changes over the last couple days. Got some parts back from the powder coater. Only things left is to install are wire looms, send the bumper off to get coated and lower the front a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Waht the details on those side pipes I like them. They seem to fit up nice and snug to the body unlike others I have seen.

An idea for the back side....you don't have any pics of it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts