Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will 67-69 big block headers work on an 81 Camaro. The design looks similar and the fame looks similar. I am wondering if they will fit? Anyone who has tried and knows please let me know before I go through the troubles. Thanks, Neil

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Call up a couple of header tech lines and ask them AFTER you go through their online e-cat's they all generally have that lists header/engine/body fitment w/ Notes!!

You just might get lucky???

pdq67

·
Registered
100 Posts
If memory serves me right the 67 headers will fit the 81, but the 81's won't fit a 67, because of the steering box location. the headers for the 67's are designed around the steering box. In 81 the steering box was out on the end of the frame so there isn't a issue there. I don't remember if there is a issue with auto vs. manual trans though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. I still have the BBC headers from my 67 is why I am asking. My 81 has automatic transmission so I guess you were thinking about if it were a manual that the clutch fork/pivot maybe in the way of the headers right? Or I am missing something else that might be in the way on an auto trans? I am trying to get one of my 454s in my 81 Camaro this spring/summer. I have some extra 396/402 blocks also if anyone needs one, $250. They are not Camaro suffix codes blocks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts