Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
First, does the shifter go through all of the gears with the engine not running and no clutch pushed? If so I'd say the clutch is probably all used up. If you still have oil pressure "the same as before" , the engine is probably fine if it was a very short run. Be prepared to catch some flack for the Frame filter. Most don't use them. It's your choice as it's your car. As far as AutoZone, I'm surprised they went as far as they have already. It's your responsibility to make sure the parts are the same before installing. Probably not what you want to hear, but it's what I expect them to say.

Reactions: ZZ_430

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
The shifter has a linkage of three rods. It could be loose, off, broken, hung between two gears, or it could be the transmission itself. Might be best to get it towed to a shop that can work on these old cars with manual transmissions.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Sounds like you need a clutch, throw out bearing, pressure plate, pilot bearing,and get your flywheel turned, and then you need to address your shifter linkage. You have two different issues going on .

Reactions: Sauron67MM

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
The only part that will squeal like you describe is the throw out bearing. You can look at the rest of the parts after the trans is out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts