Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going thru folders of pics on the computer I found some old pics of big nasty getting tore down & started. Can't believe this car isn't done yet. But hey, I have excuses. LOTS of them. LOL I had to remind the wife that she was in on it too. These are circa 2001?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did I mention it was hammered when I got it back in 92'. It had alot of motor in it but not much else, which did damage the car. Doors wouldn't close right, as you can see why. It tearing at the hinge. Sub-frame cracked and body mount pulling away.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wasn't going very quick with the 3 days a month I had.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off and on body work the next 3 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't look in the background. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't take many pics during the different stages

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't seem to end sometimes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poof! it's black. Didn't take any pics of that process. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I jammed it to install weather stripping and tighten it up to drive not knowing when I can get to paint. I'll just back mask it to paint the body. Without the seals in, they rattle too much for me going down the road. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the first picture here with the cover on it, is where it sat for 7 years. From 06' until I could get back to it in 13' not much happened. The last few pics is how it sits now. At least I can drive it. But, it ain't done by any stretch. Seats still need reskinned, needs paint and probably change wheels. Notice that the trunk lock I bought is clocked different. I'll be posting about this later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So for now, it went from that to this and that's that. LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Wayne, 1968 camaro rs, 350 , 4- speed
22 Posts
Hi Steve,enjoy the journey you will get there, I went through a few years of not a whole lot of progress but eventually you will be where you want the car to be ,sometimes life gets in the way but just stay focused and you can be happy with the outcome. Now on occasion I will treat myself with a little upgrade on my 68 to stay busy. Just another old guy talking . Good luck to you !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts