Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, does anyone have a pic of a 1967 Camaro 327, 210 hp, 2 barrel carburetor with the correct fitting that goes behind the carburetor in front of the fire wall. Thx tom

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Are you asking about the vacuum pull off port in the intake manifold for power brakes?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
This is how my 68 looked when I pulled it years ago. Not sure if differences in the years.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
This is how my 68 looked when I pulled it years ago. Not sure if differences in the years.

The 67 should be a squared off brass elbow with threads for the pcv valve to screw into. That fittimg looks like what would be in the manifold for a manual transmission car with power brakes. This is assuming the normal open pcv system for 67. I don know about california emissions equipped vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Mine's manual trans and and manual brakes. Could have been changed over the years.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mine's manual trans and and manual brakes. Could have been changed over the years.
Oh, no, yours is correct for a 68. 67 used a different system with the closed script valve covers still. I was just saying that the fitting looked like the manifold take off used in 67 for manual trans power brakes. An auto trans would have another branch coming out the other side for the modulator line.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys, Thx for getting back to me. My car has a build date of Jan 67, with a 327 (LF7), it has a manual trans, manual steering, non smog, no air, with a two barrel. I am referring to back of the carb area where the PCV valve screws into some type of fitting, not the manifold area for power brakes. I just rebuilt my motor and had the carb redone also. I am posting several pics of the carb before it was restored. Thx again. Tom

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Al, did you motor have a PVC valve when you removed it from the car?

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[/ATTACH]Wow Ed!!!! They are some awesome pics. Thank you so much for posting them. I found the elbow, Dr Rebuilt has it. The PCV valve (6421884) and hose (3828381) no luck.... I do have everything else hooked up to the motor. Someone in boxed me that page 103 of the 67 factory assembly instruction manual has a diagram with all the info. The fitting was used on the 63 Corvette. I also reached out to several first gen Camaro parts guys for the PCV and hose, again no luck. I am not giving up!!!! Will find those two items....

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys thanks for all your help. Found a NOS fitting, PCV valve and GM 3/8 reproduction hose. :hurray:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Tom, What thread size is that elbow? I can look through my boxes.
Probably the same as the pcv valve as I see pics of them screwed directly into the carb all the time. I would think you could get one at loews or home depot. Not the exact correct part but close looking and brass.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kevin, ordered the fitting and hose from Dr Rebuilt. He no longer stocks the NOS fitting (see pic of original), but a very close copy (see pic of copy). I am still looking for an original fitting and will not give up hope. Thx Tom

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts