Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the car for about 17 years. drag raced it for a while and then it sat on a trailer outside for 12 years. now its time to get it going again, but the cost of racing has gone up a lot, so I am going to turn it back into a street car. sorry I don't have better pics of what I started with.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
starting to strip paint to find what sins may lie beneath. wow there ws a ton of bondo in the doors. I think they used it to get the body lines to line up. 1/2 inch or more in places. luckily no major rot. small repairs need around the windshield, rockers. front of doors, and rear of fenders. all small and nothing major.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
out with the old subframe. hard use on the dragstrip and previous shoddy repairs . and the new is here. and what a great job speedtech does on these.
a

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after removing old paint and bondo from th firewall seam I found more problems in that area than I wanted to deal with. so in with new cowl assembly. and what a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
the cost of racing has gone up a lot
That's the truth. Seems to be getting more and more cost prohibitive even for fun these days.
Car is looking great. Good luck with the project.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Car is looking very nice... My 67 was a racer also when I bought it, without the roll cage. Mine also had gobs of bondo. I am enjoying bringing it back to street life as well...Keep going, you are doing great work!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the great comments and support guys.
today finally got the new speedtech subframe mounted. kind of a pain in the rear to get it aligned when you dont have any factory rear body holes to measure to. looks good now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts