Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I recently installed some mini tubs on the 'ol 67 camaro which required me to notch the frame and weld in a steel patch. I then tried to install my new BMR torque arm suspension. As you can see from the attached pics my cross memeber that I bolt/weld to the frame (where the coilovers bolt to) does not fit properly since I had notched the frame. It now hangs out about an inch and I would presume would rub against the 315 tires I will be sticking in there. Not sure if I should just cut the bracket to fit. I would prefer to bolt everything in place but with the notch in the frame and the bolt hole being located where the frame is curved that would be very hard so I may absolutely have to weld. Has anybody ran across this before? Thanks for your time.

·
13,751 Posts
You have to narrow the bracket for the coil overs to fit the notched frame when you do mini tubs

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Ryan, I think I emailed you about this yesterday. That Cross-Member/Bracket is fit a full frame at that point. In your case, with the MiniTub, you just need to grind that excess back and you will be fine.

T.C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts