Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEW: LINK TO PICS ADDED BELOW!

Cowl tag decode (per seller, awaiting pic):
Real RS 4-speed
Parchment interior

Specs:
67 Camaro RS convertible, 327 / 4-speed
Original California rust free car
Bolero red paint (shiny and in good condition per seller)
Black bumblebee stripe
New white/black parchment interior (perfect condition per seller)
Near perfect dash per seller
New white top
Factory tach and gauges in console
Currently has Chevy Gen IV 454 w/roller cam & 67 closed chmbr heads and 5-speed (brand unkown)
Includes original 327 & 4-speed (complete)
10-bolt rear with new Moser 3.73 gear
Black & polished 17" 5-spoke wheels with recent tires
Includes 15 x 7 ralleys with recent tires
Power steering & power drum brakes (no disc)
New headlight motors, shocks, front springs (for BB change)
3-core radiator, but new aluminum 4-core radiator included (not installed)
Perfect pristine floors according to seller
2.5" dual exhaust with Dynomax mufflers (appears to be recent aluminized steel per pic)

Pics:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]/album/576460762394642640

What's a fair price? I'm thinking of stepping up to this one. Love the fact it has "pro-touring" type mods but can go back to original. And yes, it was advertised here a while back.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Certainly someone must have an opinion!
Just looking for guidance and to learn more about first gen Camaros! :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pics added (see original post). If $20-25K, why is a similar car without the 454 and 5-speed priced so much higher (link below)? The car I'm asking about was priced at $30K. I've seen lesser cars priced higher all over the place. What gives? Just don't want to find out after the fact I got burned on price and am looking for guidance. THX!

http://www.camaros.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=16252&cat=42

·
Registered
716 Posts
First! I think I better say, In my opinion it could be between 20-25,000.

I felt without the basic details that the above stated price was safe.
Many things go into the value of these cars. Originality is the biggest factor. Options and detail is the next!
Original panels, drive line, Options, Docs and over all condition will amount to the basic range you could expect to see a car's final price to fall in.

A convertible, with a 454, that was born a 6 pop standard column shift cruiser, it not going to go as much as an original RS 4 Speed car.
The above factors are just the basics for the ground work on how you might look at the value.
Now! Add a "Speciality Car" to the mix and the price just jumps because of the rare group that the car was originally built as. Z28's and Pace Cars are the two big groups for 1967.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Other than checking basic pricing to make sure you don't pay $50K for a $15K car, you will make yourself crazy trying to compare prices on anything but a order of magnitude level.

If the red 67 is solid, comes with the original engine and trans, and is now a BB 5-speed, I would sed someone to inspect it and get the deal done ASAP. If it is as nice as it appears to be and solid underneath, $30K is a deal.

The only way to deal with your agony about why is that car priced less than this car is to send someone to inspect the one you want. If it's good and you can afford it, who cares about trying to figure out whether one is overpriced or underpriced.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Consider too, that asking price could very well be different than selling price. Just because someone is asking 30k for a car, doesn't mean they will get it. These cars are worth what someone will pay. If it's someones "dream" car, they may be willing to pay more than someone who just likes the car. It's all subjective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.