Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. When i turn on ignition switch i hear the motor running for the headlamp door? Light switch is OFF! If i turn on headlights & doors open the motor shuts down. But if i turn healight switch off & doors close ,the samme motor for the passenger side headlamp starts vibrating again. I taped on the housing & it stopped?? What is the problem??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sounds like the limit switch mounted on the headlight housing is not breaking the circuit. If limit switch is working correctly it may need a spacer added to get better contact with the headlight door brackets.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
I think 196773 is right. Sounds like the limit switch on the headlight assembly it misbehaving and/or the terminals are corroded. The limit switches are easy to test. All four switches are identical. Each switch has three terminals: One terminal (farthest back on switch case) goes to a ground and should always face downward when installed, while the two other terminals which are closer to the button side of the switch case are connected to the wire harness ( I call them wire harness terminals) When the button is NOT pressed the wire harness terminals are connected to each other, as a result a multi-meter should read zero Ohms across the harness terminals when NOT depressed. When the button is depressed the ground terminal and the terminal on the opposite side of the switch case are connected, while the wire harness terminal next to the ground is disconnected. As a result the a multi-meter should read zero Ohms across the ground and opposite side harness terminal when the button is pressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts