Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I was driving my car tonight and noticed my left turn signal was not flashing on the dash, it did however make the blinking sound. Got home and checked everything out. The left rear signals were working fine. The front park lamp housing was not. Replaced the bulb and had no luck. Then checked for voltage at the fuse link feeding the lamp housing, the purple and black wires had no voltage at all. I did check the ground at the lamp housing going to the body and it was tight. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tom

·
Super Moderator
32,519 Posts
Dash indicator and front turn light are wired together at the firewall.
I assume parking lights work, so socket ground is good.
Only place power comes from is turn signal switch.
Check light blue at steering column as this is going out to light.
Might jiggle handle - pull up.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you ready for this..... I took my 67 RS out tonight... The left front turn signal was working fine, including dash indicator light..... I guess something is loose.... I did order a new turn signal switch... I did not check the AIM yet, can I tighten the wires on the turn signal switch without taking everything apart (wheel puller) in the steering wheel? Thx Tom

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
The parking lamps have a junction in their harness runs as they travel from the valance to the main engine pod. I think it is just before the grommets and the junction is on the underside (at least on 69's) Check the left side for a loose connection at the junction - could explain no voltage. Maybe as it cooled the junction expanded to make a good connection again or you have a frayed or broken wire situation.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved, harness on the firewall was loose... Check another one off the list. Thx Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts