Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 Nova that I'm redoing but it doesn't have a sub frame. I was told that a Camaro sub frame and a Nova sub frame is the same. I found a sub frame but it's of a 67 Camaro. Is it possible to use this on my 68 Nova? If not what is the difference between a 67 and a 68 sub frame?

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Will interchange with only small variations in bumper mount holes, if any. A little google time will get you a ton of information.

Don

·
10,158 Posts
Later subs had more holes for the front radiator support. 67 has one, 69 has three. Very early 67 frames had no large holes in the inner frame "horn" sections. May have been used for tow hook or tie downs. Early 67 subs did not have the TH400 crossmember mounting holes with narrower spacing. Big block used the TH400 and was not an option till mid-67. 67's have the bump stop to the rear of the lower A arm, its on the subframe bolted to a bracket. 68's had the bump stop to the rear but bumpstop was bolted to the A arm with just a pad on the sub.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Later subs had more holes for the front radiator support. 67 has one, 69 has three. Very early 67 frames had no large holes in the inner frame "horn" sections. May have been used for tow hook or tie downs. Early 67 subs did not have the TH400 crossmember mounting holes with narrower spacing. Big block used the TH400 and was not an option till mid-67. 67's have the bump stop to the rear of the lower A arm, its on the subframe bolted to a bracket. 68's had the bump stop to the rear but bumpstop was bolted to the A arm with just a pad on the sub.
So are you saying it won’t interchange?

Don

·
10,158 Posts
So are you saying it won’t interchange?

Don
It will interchange if you do a couple of mods:

Your Nova may need a different hole added for the radiator support on each side. I don't know for sure but it's not a big deal. You can drill new ones. The rest is minor. You'd probably have to do something to make your bump stops work. They are in the same location 67/68, but the rubber part is bolted on the side of the spring pocket on a 67.
So it depends on if you are up to possibly drilling new holes for your radiator support.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts