Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 67 Camaro and the Vin says it was built in Van Nuys and the Cowl Tag says it was built in Norwood. Not sure why they would say two different things can anyone help me?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
1967 Camaro Vin and Cowl Clash

DSCF0962.jpg I bought a 67 Camaro and the Vin is 124377L1xxxx7 Which means it was built in Van Nuys but the Cowl Tag says Norwood. Why would these be different?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Re: 1967 Camaro Vin and Cowl Clash

Some one has changed one of them.

Check the hidden VINs, you find information about that here: http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#PartialVIN

If they start with 7N you're in trouble because the VIN has then been changed and that's illegal.

Jan

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
find a hidden vin and see which one it matches.
legally, the vin tag is the only one that matters.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Is the VIN still attached in the front driver side door jamb, with rosette head rivets?

As noted above, check the partial VIN (should be able to see the cowl location through the cowl vent grille panel) and see what is going on there.

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
This is a decodeing of the trim tag. This car most likely should be a 327. Is it a match?

Roger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Body Information.
E = Fifth week of the month.
E = Black interior paint.
12437 = Standard interior coupe.
NOR = Assembled at the Norwood, Ohio assembly plant.
65469 = Vehicles individual body sequence number.
760 = Standard Black bucket seat interior.
Z = Bucket seats without head restraints (headrests).
R = Bolero Red lower body paint.
R = Bolero Red upper body paint.

Optional equipment.
Group 1 Options
W = RPO A02, Tinted windshield only. Cost $21.10, production total - 81,998.

Group 2 Options
L = RPO M20, 4-speed manual wide ratio transmission M20. Cost $184.35, production total - 45,806.
G = RPO D55, Console with floor mounted shifter, storage compartment, rear seat ashtray and courtesy light. Cost $47.40, production total - 129,477.
S = RPO U73, Manual rear extendable antenna, not available with RPO U69 AM-FM radio. Cost $9.50, production total - 32,223.

Group 3 Options
L = RPO Z22, Rally Sport Package includes RPO Z21, Exterior Style Trim Group including bright wheel opening moldings, bright roof drip gutter moldings (Coupe only) fender pin striping, black body sill, headlight bezel accents, plus full width grill with concealed headlights, bright lower body side moldings, parking/turn signal lights located below front bumper, reverse lights located below bumper in rear. Cost $105.35, production total - 64,842.

Group 4 Options
No group 4 options were selected

Group 5 Options
No group 5 options were selected

This vehicle decoded by ChevroletCamaros.com at 17:39, June 21st 2010

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well Im in trouble cause it starts with 7N ... This sucks I will have to contact police tomorrow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well the police checked it all out and cleared it to be leagal so i dont know what happen or what caused this but everything worked out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts