Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, I i ned help adjusting the front and reaar windows in my 67. you guys have any advice or suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Jeff Ive never done my fronts yet, but rears should be similar to my 69 rear windows. There are 4 primary adj. nuts (see photo) and with patience its not all that hard. The glass can be moved in all directions including 'outward' or 'inward' tilt, in addition to up and down and forward and backward. You need the panels off to do it but its not to bad.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Click....The rear windows don't roll up with out help (pulling up on the window to roll them up and push down to roll down). My guess is that this cannot be adjusted, I am going to have to repair the tracks? Please confirm if you can.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Retired
16,004 Posts
Jeff, very common problem and yes its an easy fix for the rears anyway. The tracks are mostly likely gummed up with dirt and old hard grease.
You will have to remove them totally. The glass comes out the top after undoing the nuts that hold it to the wind up frame. Then unbolt the glide piece and wiggle it out thru the large open area behind the knob. Now clean the parts with brake cleaner or the orange engine degreaser stuff and then inspect the plastic glide wheels. They could be broken or scored deep and catch on the glide instead of roll. They can be bought thru most resto catalogs in a kit. I cleaned up my parts, painted the glides, installed the new plastic wheels, greased it up then adjusted the window back in place.
It wasnt terribly messy either, just go slow and they will wind up easily for years again. Here is pic of the glide bar before cleaning up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts