Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '67 console at a swap meet, or at least I thought I did. Check out the picture here: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/68ss/P2150004.JPG

How do the ashtray lid hinges fit through the console? Is this not a '67 Camaro console, or is it not the correct ashtray lid? I have never seen one, so I don't know what they are supposed to look like.

If you click on the link and it doesn't work, hit refresh and you should see it.

Thanks,
Brian

------------------
MY CARS

[This message has been edited by 68_SS (edited 02-15-2003).]

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
It looks like it is held in with 2 screws/rivet looking things. To dark to see outside and I cant find my damn flashlight. Hopefully someone can jump in.

Joe

·
Registered
174 Posts
Brain, I just went out and looked at my console and here is the info. There should be to mounting tab that come off of the pot medal part of the console that line up with the two mounting tab on the lid. Now there is two hinge pin that attached the lib to the top pot medal. You can buy a hinge pin kit from and of the after market guys for 5 or 6 dollars. Good luck Jerry

------------------
67 Marina Blue RS
327 365HP, 700R4
Ocala FL

·
Registered
174 Posts
Brain, I just looked at your page. Great car. Put some more picture of the console. There should be a light at the end near the lid. I do not see the mounting tab on the pot medal on the picture nor do I see the light at the end of the console. I can take some picture of mine and send them to you if you want. Want type of trainsmission do you have. I have a extra 67 shifter if you are looking to go back to orig. It is setup for a 700R4 now, but you can buy any detent to fit any transmission. Drop me line if you want the pictures. Good luck Jerry

------------------
67 Marina Blue RS
327 365HP, 700R4
Ocala FL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured I was missing some mounting hardware underneath, but the weird part is that there are no cutouts for the lid hinge arms to go down thru the console. There is no light on the back either, but it looks like one could be mounted there. I do want to go back to original, I hate that B&M shifter, Jerry, you've got mail. Thanks for the help.

Brian

------------------
MY CARS

[This message has been edited by 68_SS (edited 02-15-2003).]

·
Registered
598 Posts
If you take off the fake woodgrain panels off a 67 firebird console you will have a 67 Camaro console with some holes in it. You can patch the holes in the plastic, but you probably will never be able to fix the extra notched out area in the chrome piece around the shifter hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts