Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a line and fittings for a big block....to fit the 67 console oil guage. Got it from Ricks and its supposed to be an exact replica......one end fits on to my block fitting ok, but fitting at the other end is way too small to go on the back of the guage. Im wondering if im missing a part on my guage ...is it supposed to have a reducer on there that mates to the oil line fitting? Wouldnt that cause a potential leak since the ferrule is in the smaller fitting?

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
If you can get a reducer locally (NAPA), that's the way to go. It should not leak since the correct reducer should be a NPT fitting and seal with the threads but they do recommend a small dab of sealant on the threads....at least my AutoMeter gauge did. Permatex #2 works great.

I probably have what you need as my guages came with several fittings and I only used the small ones. Being in Canada though you'd get it much quicker locally. If you can't find it, pm me and I can dig up my unused fittings and mail them so maybe one will help you out.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks much! I'll check around locally first, and i'll take you up on that if i cant find it. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts