Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my '67 convertible for more than 20 years. I've driven it less than 3k miles in that time. Finally the time has come to use it as it is meant to be, driven. I've never been confident to take it more than a few miles from home, but my goal to drive it to the MD shore and back from the DC area. Original 67 center console gauges are installed so now I have some idea how it is running!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
As long as the main systems are in sound shape, and maintained you can drive it as much as you want - unless your insurance has a mileage cap. :) Convertible's were born for the beach have at it.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
With that low use, I would certainly change all the fluids and filters, tune up, verify quality & operation of the tires & brakes, battery & charging system, lights, windshield wipers, heat & defrost, check exhaust for any rust out and as noted, insurance coverage. Let's see, anything else?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Great advice thus far - maintenance items are a must.

A couple years back I drove my 68 vert as my commuter for 7-8 months, 130 miles round trip 5 days per week. I had just finished the new motor and trans plus put ProCar seats in and that made a huge driver difference in comfort as my OE seats were shot. The only drawback I had was shifting in Krazy Khaliforkness stop, go, slam on brakes repeatedly traffic. I had previously replaced the drums with Wilwood discs on all 4 corners, rebuilt the suspension fully, all new bushings, joints, etc, plus added Hotchkis springs, sub frame connectors, and X brace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts