Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally completed my collection of First-Gen Camaros... and picked up a 1967 Coupe project. It's originally a 6 cylinder car, Ermine White with a Red interior. My wife is on board and all for it as long as she gets to drive one of them. :grin2: AND I still have my other two--> the '68 and the '69. I plan on completing all three as time permits.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
It just needs a fender, deck lid and a couple of front tires. This one won't be as bad as your other projects. :wink2: I always learn something from your projects.

Stay away from photobucket.

Reactions: jammin002

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
it looks like a 68 to me,,,at least the grill?

·
Super Moderator
32,429 Posts
She does have a '68 fender, and maybe this was only available at the time.
But she does have vent windows. VIN tag tells the year.
Good luck with her.

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it looks like a 68 to me,,,at least the grill?
It did have some replacement 68 parts tossed onto it to complete it-- yes. But a '67 it 'tis. VIN plate and hidden vins match perfectly and show it's a '67 for sure. Title too...

I already hunted down a nice pair of GM used front and rear bumpers, GM parking lamps, GM RS tail lights. Going the RS route with this one. I also decided to use as many GM USED parts as physically possible with this build-- making it a clean driver that I can enjoy and use without worrying so much. Not going to rechrome any chrome or replace mildly worn parts with repro parts... I want it as original as possible that way. Mild wear on things is fine with me for this one. Should be fun!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She does have a '68 fender, and maybe this was only available at the time.
But she does have vent windows. VIN tag tells the year.
Good luck with her.
Thanks Everett. I believe most of the nose was from a 68. I saw that the side marker light hole was "patched closed" on the driver fender. Lol!

Having fun with this '67 already. Did some more cleaning today. Removed more parts and finally got the pass side door open. Lol! The latch was stuck (broken spring and rusty striker bolt) Ugh... fun times. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're a brave soul to tackle that one. Good luck with it!
Ha-- yes. Thanks man... It will be a challenge for sure. Lots to do on this one too... floors, quarters, outer rockers, drip rails, firewall, outer + inner wheel wells, trunk drop offs, cross rail, maybe one or two more parts... I'm sure. :wink2: Just happy to find one today at a reasonable price. Completed the trifecta--finally!0:)

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work Todd..
I once knew a guy that had one of each year first gens...:wink2:
Hey Tony! Good to see ya again. I've seen how busy you've been lately-- wow! Nice builds going on! I've been watching in the shadows... enjoying the pics and progress.

Reactions: bondora68

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been on a mission lately and scooping up parts+goodies to restore the '67 build. Making it an RS LS5.3 V8 RestoDriver--using all used GM parts when possible. Let's see how it goes.:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hello Todd ………………… I see in my absence you have effectively lost your mind ……………. going to have to keep a closer eye on you …………….. you have begun to hoard ! Sick , Sick , Sick ……………… Welcome to the Club ! :disco:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Todd ………………… I see in my absence you have effectively lost your mind ……………. going to have to keep a closer eye on you …………….. you have begun to hoard ! Sick , Sick , Sick ……………… Welcome to the Club ! :disco:
Hey Terry!!!! Great to hear from ya... Hope all is well old buddy!

I just got the title in my name for the '67 and now I'm cleared to begin. Already started collecting parts for it. Just found some more goodies today too. I'm stopping at 3 first-gens-- I promise. But will I ever be finished???? :grin2::wink2::noway:

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To free up my trailer and get the '67 on the ground finally (no spare time lately)... I bought some 10" swivel casters and tacked them in place on the subframe temporarily. Now I can use my trailer again. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Hello Todd, looks like a lot of work ahead; have to give you credit for working this hard to build a car! Makes me worry this is what is left to choose from for projects:( I may have pieces i was throwing away you might want. I have 2 beat up fenders that are not rusty on the bottom. I was thinking i would cut them up for patches if someone wanted to patch a original fender. In the west the bottom of fenders rust from the inside out from leaves falling down the cowl, these are not and i offer them free. Patch pieces i mean whole fender is not worthy. I am working on 2 67's right now and starting to get some extra stuff. I'm in CA but light wt items ship easy. Last week on CL in LA was an what looked OEM front clip for 900 bucks. I almost bought it just because but it was not RS and both my cars are RS.
Mike
in Yuma

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello Todd, looks like a lot of work ahead; have to give you credit for working this hard to build a car! Makes me worry this is what is left to choose from for projects:( I may have pieces i was throwing away you might want. I have 2 beat up fenders that are not rusty on the bottom. I was thinking i would cut them up for patches if someone wanted to patch a original fender. In the west the bottom of fenders rust from the inside out from leaves falling down the cowl, these are not and i offer them free. Patch pieces i mean whole fender is not worthy. I am working on 2 67's right now and starting to get some extra stuff. I'm in CA but light wt items ship easy. Last week on CL in LA was an what looked OEM front clip for 900 bucks. I almost bought it just because but it was not RS and both my cars are RS.
Mike
in Yuma

Mike--- Hi.. yea... Id; be interested in any extra parts that would help save me some $$$ and get the build under way. I sincerely appreciate that. I may have some parts you need as well.

Yea-- there are still some cleaner ones out there to build, but I enjoy doing it from the ground up. No mysteries. :grin2: planning on building this 67 as an RS and have it be a daily driver. LS 5.3 v8, 4L60E and a 3.23 or 3.42 rear. Loud exhaust too! :)>:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts