Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered these from heartbeatcity not knowing at the time they were OER which were junk and don't fit. But anyone with experience knows what I am talking about. No matter what I try I can't find a way to make these even come close to pretending to fit:

20210721_115329.jpg 20210721_115312_HDR.jpg 20210721_115317.jpg

Does anyone know a trick to making these things fit, or preferably, a place that I can get some that do?

·
Registered
67 RS
1,193 Posts
I have put them on several cars. I can always get them to fit and my son can never make them fit. LOL!!!!
You have to have patience, apply pressure, apply patience, practice lining up with the hole, line up patience, make sure a screw is in a hole, use a bright flashlight, apply more patience. IF you can’t get to go on starting at one place, pic another. If I didnt say already, be patient. Have an old fashion burbon, try again. They will fit.
Good luck. Your restoring the whole car. Piece of cake!!
Hope i motivated you.
seriously, take your time. 2A4012E6-BB95-4041-836D-CEB6F9EADCB0.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with Dale 8346, They are not easy to put on. I start at the bottom to get them in place, then use an awl to locate the center hole angle. I thread a screw in there 2 threads then line up the top, same way. Then same for the bottom screw. Be careful when tightening all screws but especially the bottom one. Then attack the other one another day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Heartbeat City is usually my go to for quality. Also, I've got the RPO 23 with 732-Z, so chrome pillars are going to be purchased from them. So I'm watching this thread. Attached is a pic someone gave me.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts