Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the front wiring harness in and have tested brake lights, headlights, and parking lights. All work. I do not have the instrument cluster in since I am putting autometer ultra-lite guages in and haven't gotten that far yet. Problem is, my turn signals/emergency flashers do not work. The parking lights work, but not the turn signals. Any ideas?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do the turns signals not light up or do they not flash? The flasher can relies on lamp current to make it work. Without a light bulb installed or a burnt lamp, the circuit may not work. Suggest that you wait until everything is back together to before you try troubleshooting.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had the same problem, turned out the turn signal switch in the coulmn was bad. It wasn't too much of a hassle to replace, but was rather costly. Like 60 bucks if I remember.

Dan

------------------
67 Pro-touring Camaro-327, 9:1, Comp XE268 Cam, Perf. RPM Intake. 750 Holley, Sportsman II Heads, Ceramic coated headers, 700R4 trans, 17" Amer. Racing TT2's, 12" disc brakes, custom stereo, black with white stripes, cowl ind. hood.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The turn signals do not light up. Whether the parking lights are lit doesn't seem to make any difference. The hazard flashers don't work either. I was curious about perhaps missing a ground somewhere. There is a flasher under the dash which from what I saw in the assembly manual should be grounded via the bracket it is in, onto the dash itself. Could that be the problem? I strikes me as odd, since the parking lights work. Does one of the contacts in the parking light socket supply power for the parking light and the other for the turn signals?

[This message has been edited by 67killerb (edited 07-03-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts