Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
Been awhile but as I remember they unscrew. I have a set in a box somewhere that need a ladder to get to. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,632 Posts
Bezels are held on by the switch. In other words, the switches need to be removed in order to replace the bezels. Probably easiest (for me anyway)to remove the gauge pod to gain access to the backside of the switches.

Cig lighter just has a threaded sleeve on the back to unscrew.

Light switch knob is removed (pulled out) after depressing a button on the side of the switch. You'll see the button with the gauge pod removed.

Ignition switch, take a straightened paper clip and insert in the small hole then turn the lock assembly (with key) ...I forget which way ?:) I think counterclockwise.

I forget the wiper knob too, I'm pretty sure it has a set screw ? Then nut can be removed.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bezels are held on by the switch. In other words, the switches need to be removed in order to replace the bezels. Probably easiest (for me anyway)to remove the gauge pod to gain access to the backside of the switches.

Cig lighter just has a threaded sleeve on the back to unscrew.

Light switch knob is removed (pulled out) after depressing a button on the side of the switch. You'll see the button with the gauge pod removed.

Ignition switch, take a straightened paper clip and insert in the small hole then turn the lock assembly (with key) ...I forget which way ?:) I think counterclockwise.

I forget the wiper knob too, I'm pretty sure it has a set screw ? Then nut can be removed.
Wow that's a job replacing them and once you have the switches removed how do they separate from the switch?

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
Wow that's a job replacing them and once you have the switches removed how do they separate from the switch?
That is probably why I have set that needs a ladder to get to.

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,632 Posts
The bezels are just sandwiched between the dash and the outer retainer/ nut. The wiper, light switch and ignition switch doesn't have to be completely removed. The Cig lighter does have to be removed.....IIRC

It's fairly easy after the gauges are removed.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Ignition switch nut uses this tool a "Camaro Ignition Switch Bezel Retaining Nut Installation Tool." But you also have to do the paper clip trick, if you internet search that you can find more details.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ignition switch nut uses this tool a "Camaro Ignition Switch Bezel Retaining Nut Installation Tool." But you also have to do the paper clip trick, if you internet search that you can find more details.
So this tool only takes the bezel off for the ignition switch only or will it work for others as well?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Only the ignition switch. I don't think a special tool is required for the others if my memory is correct.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts