Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard interior and was thinking of converting to a deluxe interior as we like the white stripe on black seats. The car is a 67 RS/SS convertible so I would buy the seat kit for a convertible but my question is are the door panels, kick panels and interior door handles standard? Windows are electric so I assume I need to cut in the switches. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
I have a standard interior and was thinking of converting to a deluxe interior as we like the white stripe on black seats. The car is a 67 RS/SS convertible so I would buy the seat kit for a convertible but my question is are the door panels, kick panels and interior door handles standard? Windows are electric so I assume I need to cut in the switches. Thanks
Post some pics so everyone knows where you are now. Deluxe handles are different from standard.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Maybe I'm not understanding your question properly, but the door panels (front and back) are different than the standard interior panels.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I go with a deluxe interior the door panels are deluxe as well? I wasn’t sure if only the seats were difference.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
And with a convertible, you won't have to worry about the shorter (less wide) rear seat issue. Just order your seat covers and enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t have an interior now. I bought the car when it was 50% restored. I’m thinking of buying the deluxe seat covers and stay with the standard door panels

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
The door opening lever is different on deluxe interior. The window regulator has a longer stim for the thicker deluxe door panel. You won’t have any regulator problem, because of your power windows. The top chrome door panel trim is different on deluxe interior. I believe the seat pads, not just the covers, are also different on deluxe interior.
You may want to read the threat to become familiar with the deluxe door panel.

Roger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts