Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many of you were watching my eBay auction...there were 90 "watchers" at one point. Anyway, it didn't even come close to what I need for it...I have a local guy offering 10-10.5k for it, but I really don't want to loose 3k on it. The front sheet metal seems to be a problem. I have priced out new fenders and a cowl hood for it and can get them shipped to me for under $700.00. I would also get a complete front end fastener kit and a few other misc pieces, probably all new fender emblems, and put it all on the car, less paint. Does anyone think dropping another 1k into it would get 12+k out of it ?? I've got 13,300 in it..add another 1,000 for a total of 14,300....sell for 12,500 = $1,800 loss instead of 3k. Does this make sense....do you think it would work....am I just pissing in the wind ?? I really need to move this car to get my other one home.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,582 Posts
You are probably going to be better off NOT putting any more money into the car. Keep trying to sell "as is". Just my opinion.
I agree...take the loss and be gone with it. Otherwise, the longer it sits the more that may need to be done. You did the brakes and front tires, so rear tires and water pump, starter, radiator, transmission all could fail real soon :( because we never know on these cars.

Kev
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Your return on selling ,is about 75 cent's on a buck if that ,I have almost never made a profit less recoup what you have into it…good luck and Happy Motoring
 

·
Gold Lifetime Member
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
mitch, i would have to agree with most of the above. if you can sit on it a while longer, then keep trying. i think it's worth the 13k, as i said to you before, if i hadn't bought mine i would get yours.
dont put any more money into it. it wont pay off and just raises what you will accept for it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
mitch, i would have to agree with most of the above. if you can sit on it a while longer, then keep trying. i think it's worth the 13k, as i said to you before, if i hadn't bought mine i would get yours.
dont put any more money into it. it wont pay off and just raises what you will accept for it.
I hear ya Mark, unfortunately time isn't on my side right now. When I put the down payment on the rs/ss and asked the guy if I could leave it in his storage trailer for a short time, he laughed and remarked "OK, but I don't want to store till April" I assured him I would have this one gone and be back for it by now !!!!:eek:

I'm debating listing it on eBay tonight for a 5 day auction ending on the 12th, but leaving on the 16th for 8 days really screws up trying to accept and verify that funds are in my bank. I have a neighbor who can coordinate it being picked up for shipping....

I wasn't going to ask anymore for the car with the sheet metal replacement, just hoping to get a better price and a lower loss ratio. With what these cars HAD been selling for, I never dreamed I would lose 3k on a 12k 1st gen......:sad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You could put it back on ebay with a buy it now of 13k and accepting offers, see what it does
Now that's an IDEA...I'm not commited to accept an offer if I don't want to, right ?? That would eliminate the "reserve not met" line. Myself, I don't care for a reserve to phish with. Give em the option to purchase outright or make offers.....I like it ...:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,309 Posts
Mitch,
I wouldn't put more $ into it buying repo fenders and hood, New owner may hate repo and want to repair the GM parts. I think they had the right idea, relist as "Submit Best Offer" and be sure to hit Craigslist. Lots of people are still getting tax refunds and are looking for cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Now that's an IDEA...I'm not commited to accept an offer if I don't want to, right ?? That would eliminate the "reserve not met" line. Myself, I don't care for a reserve to phish with. Give em the option to purchase outright or make offers.....I like it ...:thumbsup:
I've never used it, but it looks like you set it up with a buy now price, and underneath is a button that says make an offer. If someone wants it for your price they hit the buy it now button. If they want it for less they send an offer. Then you can decide what you want to do. No guessing, everyone knows what you want for it. I've gotten to the point I just start the auction at the price I want for the item with no reserve. Saves a lot of emails and whomever is bidding knows its a sale.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did relist it last night with a Buy it Now or Best Offer. So far I'm liking it...I set a minimum offer that I would consider and correspond with the ones that meet the minimum. So far I have 3. I had a local guy come over last Sunday and he wants to come back today with a car "guru" to evaluate it. I just might "geter done" this time. I may need to pay for storage on the other one, if I don't get the money soon.:( Here's a link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=320090067927&rd=1&rd=1
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top