Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose any one have a part # for the one piece rotor for a 67 ?
it has to be a after market rotor like raybestos,or?
also I need a # for the master cylinder.
Thanks. Nick

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
67-69 camaro are the same and 68-72 nova are the same both for the rotor and the master cylinder!!..your local auto parts store should have these available in bendix brand too!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I got my rotors on today and they don't fit, the caliper is touching the rotor hub and it makes all kind of noise :( I got the raybestos 5100R rotors and they fit from 67 to 72 Camaros, Novas. The old rotors hat about 1/2 clearances from hub to rotor.
Can someone please help.
Thanks. Nick

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have the 67 or 68 factory 4 piston calipers, you need the special reduced hub one piece rotors.
Thanks David. yes thats what I have, the 4 piston caliper. Would you have a part # or what years and makes models do the fit?
Thanks. Nick

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Found one on Rock Auto, does this look like the hub is small enough?

RAYBESTOS Part # 5100R More Info {Professional Grade; Outside Diameter 11.005" / 5 Bolt Holes}
Front; Dual Piston Calipers

http://www.rockauto.com/
Hi David. That's not the reduced hub rotor, that's is what I got the 5100r and they are touching. I know someone is making this rotor because Ricks has them and other place also have them. I think the correct rotor is made for a different application and NOT for a Camaro. I have a friend in the parts business and he is trying to help me but we keep coming up with this 5100R # :(
Nick

·
Registered
356 Posts
You can't get a reduced hub rotor at a parts store, 67-68 4 piston rotors are obsolete. The 5100 is the 69 Camaro single piston, 69-72 Chevelle rotor which is essentially the same except for the larger dia hub. You can get them through aftermarket sources as they are reproduced.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Guys,
I just went through this......the 5100R is the correct rotor for the 67-68 Camaro with four piston calipers. I had my calipers rebuilt by Vette Brakes, got the correct brackets, and the 5100R rotors. Everything fit like a glove. I think if I were you, I would recheck the installation. I have one of the original 2 piece rotors, but couldn't find a second one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts