Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got a good one for you. If you hadn't known, there are 2 or 3 different push buttons for the outside door handles for Chevrolet cars. I have 3 that are different lengths and have different tips that push the lever to open the doors. I would like to ask if someone will post a pic of the correct buttons for my 67 Camaro. Firebird is the same too. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
OK I'll take a stab at it.

Here is a pair of nos pushbuttons to look at they look to be real close to original whether they are I am not positive.

The rods stick out 2" past button to end. PN#9709600

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think the repro buttons are round at the end also, and the originals are flat on the end like the one in HOGs pic.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know if that number is correct for our 67 Camaro's?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Back 15 years ago when I bought those there were 2 GM pushbuttons still available one for 67-68's and one for 69's which are longer if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With a little research on my own I have found that the 67-68 Camaro's require the part number 9709600, and 69 Camaro's require the part number 9719686. I am not sure of the difference.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I think the repops are all long, and you cut it to the correct length. I had a perfect set of originals that were too short. I used a piece of nail ro make an extension,and a piece of brake line to make a sleeve. It was a snug fit, but I epoxied anyway. I used O rings from Ace to make the cushions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts