Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going back to points from a hacked up HEI and am going to replace my engine harness on my 67. It is in pretty shaggy shape anyway. It is a power brake car and I will be doing the replacement with everything in the engine bay (a complete running car). I did see some great pictures of a 69 harness and one has to remove a bolt between the engine and light harness and pull both off of the firewall at the same time to get the engine harness off. Is a 67 the same way? I don't have my M&H harness yet and wanted to get a head start on getting the harness ready for complete removal. Pictures would be great. Did I mention it is a 67....Firebird. I did an exhaustive search on Performance Years and First Generation Firebird.org with no luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
My 68 has a 7/16" bolt in the firewall harness connector that separates the way you described. I'm not sure if the 67 is the same. Seems like it is, but the bolt is different.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There also seem to be small tabs in each corner that may need to be depressed? I just don't want to break anything.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
67 is different, one year only, and they commonly break if not removed correctly. That said, I am wracking my brain to think of how to search for a good thread, because "67" isn't recognized. Standby...

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
are you changing both or just the 1 going to dizzy, starter, wiper motor,oil pressure and water temp. or doing other also. they just clip in at fuse block no bolts to remove. push in tabs and it comes out. the other harness goes to alternator, voltage regulater, horns, lights, turn signals, and junction box behind battery. but some mount it on other side and you need to take out passenger side headlight and holder to get to it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input. I will only be replacing the engine harness. I can get my hand down to the harness to press the tabs and everything seems to be ready to come out. Do I have to pull both harnesses at the same time then seperate the two, or can I pull the engine harness by itself? I don't want to break anything... Did I mention that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts