Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys. Keep in mind that I am by no means an electrical expert. I just finished removing the in-dash factory fuel and installed a repo factory tach. I also put in a new repo circuit board. All the lights work, however the tach doesn't. It appears to have power coming to it because when I turn the key on the needle will jump a little.
I need to know if there are any external wiring (independent of the circuit board) I need to run to make this thing work. I noticed that the tach as two termials coming off the back. Should these be used? I am running an MSD 6AL, MSD dist and coil.

Thanks,
Gary

------------------
Gary
1967 Camaro SS/RS 396-375 4sp.

http://community.webshots.com/user/amike95

·
Registered
228 Posts
first let me say SHARP CAR !
you will need the wire's from your distributor hooked into the tach , my car came with the factory tach and it has a lead for it , you can hook it up yourself or you could get a wire kit made just for it ,

------------------
69 camaro traded for 67 camaro traded back for 69 now back with a 67 rs WILL IT NEVER END ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I HOPE NOT .
ADVENTURE'S IN RUST REPAIR

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
If you want my tach / gauge conversion schematics, diagrams and technical descriptions, let me know and I’ll email them to you. There are a few large files, about three floppies full…

------------------
Geezer

[This message has been edited by Geezer (edited 10-14-2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts