Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my 67 Front spoiler kit today from Classici Industries BUT in did not include any mounding instructions. Can anyone help me with this since the Factory assembly instruction manual does NOT show the spoiler mounting kit! The Installation kit shows four screws, 5 bolts and J nuts. I got 6 screws, 6 J nuts and 6 small screws. Who goes where and what goes where?
Ken:noway:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nomank preline the spoiler up under the car to the bottom valance panel.On my 67 I had to mark the holes and drill them.It will line up from end to end and you will see how it fits on the flat part of the valance.Drill your holes for the size of the bolts not the size of the spoiler."Important!! Before you drill slip cage nuts on make sure your holes line up with the marks you made if not ajust the cage not as close to the mark remark it threw the nut.Doulbe check it than drill your hole for the size of the screw.Install nuts istal spoiler Do not over tighten spoiler you will crack it if you do the just use washers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks FastFred for the fast reply, but here is my problem. The kit contains two short rods, bent on both ends and one long rod bent on one end. 6 cage nuts and 6 bolts that fit the cage nuts and 6 small screws. According to the FAIManual UPC D80 I need to drill 5 holes for the small screws .152/.156 dia. The bottom of the spoiler has three holes which will accomodate the three bolts that fit into the cage nuts. Do I place the cage nuts one to the three rods or perhaps both ends? Then where do I attach the other ends of the rods?
Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
The two short rods run from the holes in the lower outer corner of the spoiler to the hole in the bottom of the front fender extention. The long rod runs from the hole in the bottom center of the spoiler to the center horn on the subframe. You will have to drill a hole in the subframe for a self tapping screw to hold the rod to the subframe. Of course since 67's didn't have spoilers, and early 68's didn't use support rods, you could always leave them off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Thank you so very much for your great input.
FYI the Factory Assembly Instruction Manual for the 1967 Camaro, UPC D80 does show the "Front Bumper Valance Panel Extension being held on with 5 small screws plus the 1 existing screw near the center.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
I run mine with no support rods. When hitting small/medium animals it allows the spoiler to just rip off and not damage bodyparts. How do I know this?

2: Racoons
1: Cat
1: Large Robin (bird)
1: To dark to see it, but it ran off into the woods and scared the hell out me when I got out of the car!!

After the last one the spoiler was damaged beond use, but no camaro body parts were hurt, only those of small animals.

Joe

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Thats funny Joe no armadillo's? I don't have supports on either one of my cars helps it flex on low curbs and trailers but haven't tried it on any critters yet!:noway:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I run mine with no support rods. When hitting small/medium animals it allows the spoiler to just rip off and not damage bodyparts. How do I know this?

2: Racoons
1: Cat
1: Large Robin (bird)
1: To dark to see it, but it ran off into the woods and scared the hell out me when I got out of the car!!

After the last one the spoiler was damaged beond use, but no camaro body parts were hurt, only those of small animals.

Joe
Ok, Ok, you have convinced me, I will not install the three brackets, I will just use the 5 small screws plus the center bolt.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok, Ok, you have convinced me, I will not install the three brackets, I will just use the 5 small screws plus the center bolt.
When I first got my camaro all it had in it was the 5 screws and center bolt. Well actually only 2 of the screws were still holding it along with the center bolt. The others ripped out. It is pretty flimsy with just the screws. The new spoiler was installed with the 5 small screws, center screw and the 2 outside bracket's. It is solid and not going anywhere now. I couldn't see any reason to install the center bracket.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Im going to take off my spoiler .. they are doing too much contruction where I live and I saw a dip in the road and I went Slow , and " Bam " it caught my spoiler and I broke the rod on the drivers side............ I was so %^@$#n pissed !!!!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Im going to take off my spoiler .. they are doing too much contruction where I live and I saw a dip in the road and I went Slow , and " Bam " it caught my spoiler and I broke the rod on the drivers side............ I was so %^@$#n pissed !!!!!
Was it bigger than a racoon? If you didnt have the rod it might have been ok like Joe's.:D LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.