Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m running a second fuel line to be used as a return on my 67 TPI project; actually I’m replacing both lines. The question is has anyone replaced a full-length line on a 67 with the car in full trim? Is it possible?

I have also received a few e-mails regarding my fuel pump in the tank installation. If any one is planning to attempt it Please feel free to contact me and I will pass on all the information that I have.

------------------
RickM
67 SS (TPI) "Almost Running"

·
Super Moderator
32,431 Posts
Yes, it is possible to run the full fuel line in full trim on a '67. I did it to one '67 I had, changed from 5/16" to 3/8", used coupling nuts and 6-ft lengths. At the time, I was looking for cheap & easy. Saturday afternoon at the track right before eliminations, gotta do what you have to do!

Use a tubing bender and plenty of AWG #10 single strand wire or metal coat hangars, for a pattern. It's all on the outside, only problem is front of the firewall, orig route has it next to #4&6 exhaust tubes if your running headers, a re-route would be in order, however, you're running TPI, so. I'm sure you've thought a route.

Good luck....

------------------
Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts