Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP how many gallons is a stock 67 tank hold?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You! I just completed putting a high pressure pump in the tank and like a fool I filled the tank with an unknown amount of fuel, must have been excited to test it, and now I don’t know if the pump is set close enough to the bottom. I can now fill it up then see how much pumps out.

Does any one know how much should remain in the tank when the pump stops “pumping”?

Thank you again for the quick response.

·
Registered
79 Posts
RickM

Way Cool! you've put a high pressure pump in the tank! I want to do the same thing for my EFI conversion. How did you do it. Did you install a baffle? Got any pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased a Tank out of an 88 IROC. Had the large hole cut out of the 88 tank and welded into the 67 Tank. That was an accomplishment in it’s self. It’s dangerous to weld, solder etc on a fuel tank and special precautions have to be taken. (Don’t try yourself unless you are trained) When that was completed I took the stock 88 pump and assembly cut and bent it to match the 67 pick up. I then had to mate the 67-fuel gauge-sending unit to the new modified pick up. I will say it was not easy and I’m questioning why I did not use an external mounted pump. Now I have to run the fuel lines.

Please e-mail me and I’ll send pictures, what year car are you doing this on?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rick,
Thanks for the pics! I've got a 67 RS convertible with a 327, vortec heads, HE286 cam, and a 600 CFM Edelbrock carb. I've acquired a TBI setup off of a 89 454 truck and I'm in the process getting all the misc adapters, plumbing and wiring to go on. My biggest problem will be the fuel system. The in tank fuel pump would be my preferred setup.

Looking at the pictures you emailed me. I see you transferred the whole 88 IROC fuel assy and part of the IROC tank over to the 67's. That seems like a lot of work!

I was thinking about mounting a pump on my existing 67 tank pickup and adding a return line and wires to it. There must be a good reason why I can't do that. Maybe torque relief on the pump, or it won't fit through the hole in the tank?

You’re right about having a professional weld the tank. I had a friend who burned down his house just welding near the tank!

Thanks again
Dave
http://www.toomanyprojects.org:2000/camaro/efi/EFI_Project.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts