Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gas cap is etremely loose so I'm planning on replacing my gas tank neck. Does anyone know if it is welded to the gas tank or is it some kind of bracket?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
It is not welded to the tank. There is a short hose connection between the neck and the tank. Look just inside your trunk near the latch and there is a cover to remove to see the hose and neck assembly.
The neck, and replacement hose if needed, is available from all of the repop suppliers. Jim Dyer in Stockton (209)941-0527 or Matt's in Pleasant Hill (925)676-7172 will be able to help you locally.

Hey - where are you a chef at?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info on the tank neck. Nice to know that before I go and purchase the neck that I won't have to have it done at a shop. I'm the Sous Chef at Mudd's Restaurant in San Ramon.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Been there - Great Food!

I'll have to say Hi next time we're in the area.

John

·
Registered
170 Posts
Be careful when and if you purchase a new tank....several of the companies offer a 67-69 gas tank...the filler necks are different...make sure u get the correct one. If it is the Original tank I would just go ahead and replace the entire unit...I took mine out the re-finish the surface...was amazed at how messed up the inside was. "They" make kits to refinish the inside but a new repo tank is about the same cost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts