Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the dimmer switch for the dash lights to get brighter the gas gauge goes to empty. Any idea why this would happen? Do you think the circuit board on the back needs to be changed?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
wow, that's pretty wierd... best guess, bad ground on the dash carrier, the fuel guage is grounding through the light switch ( when it's set to dim)

There's a metal strap the runs from one of the instrument carrier mounting screws, up to the high beam indicator, then to the center mounting screw behind the dash carrier

·
Registered
618 Posts
My guess too would be any grounds.. I had wierd happenings when I neglected to replace the center mounting screw right above the steering wheel. It is a ground for the instrument panel, sometimes it would work when it wanted to , other times it did not. Drove me crazy.. replaced the screw and all was fine... Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Followed your advice and ran a ground wire from the back of the instrument cluster to the firewall. This solved the problem on the gas gauge. But, now I have an issue with the turn signals. They are not working. Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts