Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it go’s like this; I had gone to a friend’s house to do some drinking. Across the street I see car with an old car cover (rotten) what looks like mustang hub caps (drinking) so I ask my friend, is he looking to sell that mustang. Well we walked over asked the old man, doing some chitchat. So I ask is there a 289 in the car and he tells me that it has a 327.Hmmm I think what the hell is he talking about (maybe he is drinking to…J) So I go back out in the ran take the car cover off the front and the first thing I see is the camaro script on the header panel (holy %#[email protected]% I say) I didn’t even take the cover off the rest of the way, I ran back up to the old man and ask him if he wants to sell it.
He tells me I have wanted to get rid of that car for the last 15 years. I think I wet my pants then…I ask him if he would want a 9mm (gun) for the car. He said sure that sounds good. We made the deal, the next day I came by to get the none running car. Got it home and it is an all original 327, white with blue interior with gust 86k on it. Just got all the title paper work done. the original owner has been dead for the last 10 years. I had to do all the DMV stuff but its worth it.

Trim Tag
P574
ST 67-12437 LOS 6018
TR 717-Z C-C
WL 2MR-3S
5Y

I have checked the engine and PG they all # match. The car runs with the same old oil, just put some fresh gas and new points BAM she is up and running….not sure how to add photos but have them on webb shots
http://rides.webshots.com/album/553897087ROAodW

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like your story. When do I have luck like yours? If anyone is looking to trade any of their Camaros for a gun, let me know. I have several guns for trade! Enjoy your day!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Post some pics!!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I give up!! I can never find something like that.......Congrats on your find.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Nice!! Looks like a great trade. Drinking....gun...and a new camaro follows you home. I usually have to pay real money for my stuff.
I like the interior matching blue valve covers too.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Considering I bought my first 1969 back in 1989 for $2,800 and then sold it after thousands of dollars invested for $2,200 in late 1994 you would think I traded it for a gun or had a gun put to my head. Nope I was just a stupid kid back then.

Nice find on your 1967!! Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I hope you gave him bullets with that trade. Nice job!!

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Well it go’s like this; I had gone to a friend’s house to do some drinking. Across the street I see car with an old car cover (rotten) what looks like mustang hub caps (drinking) so I ask my friend, is he looking to sell that mustang. Well we walked over asked the old man, doing some chitchat. So I ask is there a 289 in the car and he tells me that it has a 327.Hmmm I think what the hell is he talking about (maybe he is drinking to…J) So I go back out in the ran take the car cover off the front and the first thing I see is the camaro script on the header panel (holy %#[email protected]% I say) I didn’t even take the cover off the rest of the way, I ran back up to the old man and ask him if he wants to sell it.
He tells me I have wanted to get rid of that car for the last 15 years. I think I wet my pants then…I ask him if he would want a 9mm (gun) for the car. He said sure that sounds good. We made the deal, the next day I came by to get the none running car. Got it home and it is an all original 327, white with blue interior with gust 86k on it. Just got all the title paper work done. the original owner has been dead for the last 10 years. I had to do all the DMV stuff but its worth.

Trim Tag
P574
ST 67-12437 LOS 6018
TR 717-Z C-C
WL 2MR-3S
5Y

I have checked the engine and PG they all # match..J J. The car runs with the same old oil, just put some fresh gas and new points BAM she is up and running….not sure how to add photos but have them on webb shots
http://rides.webshots.com/album/553897087ROAodW
Nice deal ! You live in Texas , where I assume is where the car was , and the car has Washington tags. You may need to do some checking with the Washington DMV shouldn't you? Did the ownver drive it there 15 years ago and park it ? I looked at the pics..nice car for the 9 :)

Kev

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I just moved back to Seattle from TX (Army), I did give him two box’s of ammo. The plane is to keep it original. The wife said it’s her car now, but the title is in my name (dont tell her). She just drove it down the street, it moves well for a 2bbl. So now when we look for parts its ok. I just tell her it's for her car...:)

And to just make you guys a bit more sick, I paid $200 for the gun...hehehehehe :)
So far $200.0 for the car $10.00 for new gas $25.0 for new title and $40.0 for 15x8 chrome rally wheels with one cap. It’s been a good month

Son has a 72 with a 454 (Baldwin Motion clone)
Dad 67 SS 396 #
Mom 327 #

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hate you.......J/K;)
Super find, it was your lucky day.:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I just hope those two boxes of ammo were full of rubber bullits because when the guy finds out what the car was really worth , he may turn it on himself .. or come looking for you !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts