Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Heater controls dash light has never worked. I pulled it out over the weekend and the wire was broke off at the socket. Do any of the parts catalogs sell the socket for this? I looked in a few of them and cant find it. Does anyone know where i can get one or have a part # for something that will work?
:beers:

·
Registered
500 Posts
just take the old socket into a local parts store, you can get it locally, it's just a plain old socket, nothing special. And when i say parts store, i mean a napa or carquest, someplace where they have parts counter guys that can pull out a BOOK and find what you need without asking if your car has two or four doors, haha....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just take the old socket into a local parts store, you can get it locally, it's just a plain old socket, nothing special. And when i say parts store, i mean a napa or carquest, someplace where they have parts counter guys that can pull out a BOOK and find what you need without asking if your car has two or four doors, haha....
Thats gona be my plan. Im gona try and take it to napa and see what they can find. Ill have to go to the napa one town over from me... they still have parts BOOKS and will still look things up for you! :hurray: If you have the old part they will even go in the back and try and match it to items they have!
The part store by me just says.... no sorry, the computer cant find that part for you. I guess they dont make it anymore... ;)
Just thought i would try on here first and see if anyone had a part number.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not like that one. The one that was in my car was more like the one in this link... but much smaller and it didnt have a metal back like the one in this link it was a plastic back.
http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S(mhhaxy555spfapzevp2zg055))/Detail.aspx?R=ECHLS6542_0059494258

The part that broke on mine was where the wire crimps to the metal tab that goes in the bottom of the socket that makes the contact with the bottom of the bulb.
I lucked out.... I was going through some boxes in my garage and found a box with some old temp and oil gauges and the bulbs socets in those had the same metal size metal tab crimped on there wire. So I was able to take the wire out with the tab and put it in my socket. Just got it back up in the dash and now the light works! :hurray:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts