Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched and found nothing so far that has helped me. Im trying to install power door locks on my 67 camaro. I got the window crank off no problem, but then i came to the inside door handle. I have deluxe interior, and it has the screw in the center of the handle... My question is, how the F*** do you remove it. I even have a 90 degree extension that will take any bit i put on it, but its just about a CM too long. It looks as though i can break the handle cup and get it out, which i have no problem with, except how do i install it with a new cup in place? Any tips in this matter would be greatly apreciated. Thanks A lot!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went through the hassle of installing an interior deluxe door handle on my 67 and it was quite frustating until I found something that worked.

What worked for me was a phillips attachment for a drill with a quick ratchet box wrench. The length was just right and the only trick was to watch that the phillips bit stayed in the wrench. What was taking me hours turned into a 10 minute job with a lot less cursing

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Those are a pup to get at. I bought a cheap screwdriver, heated and bent it making a custom tool that could turn the screw. Still takes a long time as you only get about 1/4 turn !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. Nice to know im not the only one that had problems with this stupid thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts