Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 L30/M20 convertible. It came Bolero Red/white top/deluxe parchment. It has the original drivetrain. I think that it originally had a white pin stripe. Here is my question.....Trying to keep it as original as possible, what body stripes were optional then? The only two I know of are the pin stripe and the nose stripe. Since my car is not an SS or an RS would it be "correct" to put the nose stripe on my car?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I believe that the nose stripe was available as an RPO on all models (except Z-28) around mid-year. Black or white.

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have an Assembly Manual, look at Option Z-21. Z22 was RS option but Z-21 was the double stripe down the side.
Cheers,
JJH

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bumble Bee stripe became an option in March '67 or so... prior to that only on SS models

------------------
Steve
My Cars

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The build date of my car is the third week of April and it does have the Z21 option.

I think that it looks fine with the "pin stripe", but add the nose stripe and it would look really cool.

I just wanted to make sure that it could have been an option for my car at the time. It's not like my car is a 396 SS or a Z, but it does have the original drivetrain so I want to keep it as close to original as possible.

Dobek....I looked at your site. I really like your camaro!!! I'm probably biased, since mine looks alomost the same as yours.

[This message has been edited by paulm (edited 12-29-2001).]

·
Registered
501 Posts
L-30/M-20...is the M-20 you refer to a Muncie or a Sag?

I once had an original L-30 (327/275 hp) and it had a Sag.

Just curious.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My first car was a 68 with a 327/275 and Saginaw wiiiide-ratio 4-sp,12 bolt open diff.with 3.08 ratio.It would burn that right side tire from here to Grandma's and back!!!

------------------
HDZ/28

1 - 10 of 10 Posts