Team Camaro Tech banner

67 L78 on E-bay

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  deejaygee 
#1 ·
#4 ·
There has been another thread about this car. I have email him several times about the car. He says Never seen snow, and snow is in one of the pics. He says "we are in Mass. but the car was never driven in the snow and we mean no salt damage" go figure. I ask about the heater box, and he said the car is documented, three owners. I ask again about the heater. No reply...

#5 ·
I talked to him and his brother yesterday,very nice people just not car guy's and this is my thoughts on the car , it was either stolen and stripped long ago, and they took the motor,trans,rear,heater box,seats,pedals, front brakes and probably the front end. or the motor blew and it was stripped.either way I and agian I said I believe the car to be real. The vin and data plate are within a couple hundred to mine, the headliner is dyed black because it was blue which would make since if it was stripped,and some one put it back together with black seats. there is alot of work to bring this one back, very cool car if someone does. It,s the 3rd BENCH SEAT L78 that I know of now, and all were built on the same week .

#6 ·
I find it strange the heater box, as was stated earlier, was changed...anyone here ever do one?...i'm sure most of us has at one point, what a pain in the butt! The BB heater box would have been so much eaiser to hook up.
Now maybe the heater core went bad, that does happen...but why replace with something that's more work?, you now have to find a SB set up and put that in. If in fact it was stolen, and they took all the good stuff, then most of this makes sense, but to take a heater box and core seems like really goin the extra mile.

He knows the "first two owners"...maybe they can shed some light on this. If you could contact them, I'm sure you could get some info that might be helpful in some way...maybe some paper work!!!

Would be nice if it's 4-real!

#9 ·
One other thing to look at is this guy's ranting. He Say's that someone emailed him about the snow and that sent him into a typing frenzy :D .

Quote: "this car is my brothers pride and joy". I don't know about you, but my pride and joy doesn't sit around sinking into the ground.

Obviously it doesn't take much to get this guy in a tail spin, maybe someone should send him another email ;) .

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.