Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:hello all,
i have power to the 10 amp breaker,both sides,i can hear relay #1click when i turn on my headlight switch,i pulled the connector plug from the motor but no power,could the other relay's cause this problem,if not what could it be,thank you for any help. jeff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They stopped working,i pulled the motor and bench test is,and i works.my test lightshould work at the motor plug,ing on,switch on,but no voltage at the plug,i used the troubleshooting guide and all voltages seem to be ok at the relay's. thanks for all the quick relays,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have power to the relay's like i should,if one of them is bad,would there still be voltage at the plug? thanks....

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Beware that a bad connection can show full voltage when there is no load, but once a load is applied the voltage goes to zero. Take that into consideration with your test results and perhaps repeat your voltage checks with the motors connected. If the voltage mysteriously disappears, be on the look out for a bad connection.

Also, ground isn't always ground. Just as the power can mysteriously vanish when a load is applied, ground can mysteriously rise to 12V if there is a bad connection in the ground circuit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dave,
hooked the motor up,still no voltage at the plug,i do have voltage to the bottom connector of the limit switch,could one of the relays be at fault? thanks jeff

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Did you check the thick brown wire at the relays? (The back two relays.) Are you getting 12 volts there? I believe the brown wires go to the motor(s).

Is your battery above 12V?

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Thanks for posting back Jeff. Glad you got it fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts