Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have a 67 Camaro that isn’t able to keep the battery charged while running. I just had the alternator tested and Napa and they said that it was fine, but when I disconnect the negative from the battery when the car is running it still dies?? I purchased a new voltage regulator to see if that would help but so far there has been no improvement. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Sounds to me like there is either a wire missing from the alternator to the horn relay or a broken connection/ bad wire from alternator to horn relay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car doesn’t even have a horn on it as of rite now, but I will try and see if i cant find the relay to just check the connections. This problem also started with the GEN light coming on in the car until finally the battery became so drained it didn’t have enough juice to start the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, after looking at the horn relay it felt as if one of the connecters at the bottom was loose. I pushed it in and fired the car up and now its reading about 13-14 volts and can run just fine without the battery. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts