Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help me, you guys can.My next door neighbor has an opportunity for a 67 Camaro but we're not sure if the price is in the right ballpark.It's all original EXCEPT that it has been converted fron stick to auto.It's a 6 cyl with 50,000 mi and the original paint which is in great shape. The guy wants $4,500 US. Is this about right?

------------------
74 Camaro
in the Great White North

·
Registered
83 Posts
I could be wrong here, but In my opinion I would say it is worth it, but I don't know everything there is to know about these cars. And I am relatively new to this board.

$4,500.00 seems cheap to me for any classic car with 50,000 original miles.

If you look at this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=592477017 There is a '67 camaro w/73,000 original miles and a v8 for $8,000.00.

Hope that helps.

SEAN

·
Registered
238 Posts
If it has a rock solid body id say the body alone is worth that.You would spend more than that to bring the average one around here back.Lets face it most cars as old as the 1st generation camaros need floor work usually quarters and other rust repairs.These repairs would cost more than 4500.00. If its a solid body,and at 50000 miles if its been taken care of, it shouldn't need a lot of repairs,It should be a bargin!!!!

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed

·
Registered
501 Posts
I agree...drivetrain aside, if it's straight with little rust, original paint, suspension, interior, etc, I'd say it could be a bargain. Take a look at the transmision conversion...see what kind of job was done there. Also inspect closely the trunk, lower fenders, lower quarters, and floors for rust.
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts