Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give up... I've tried my best to find the forum post related nut I've read everything there is about fuel gauges and circuit boards... Ha

I'm finishing up my resto that I used the AAW harness on. I have a basic dash panel, speedo and fuel gauge with gen lights with a new PCB on now. My question is...

On the back of the fuel gauge side of the panel, there are two threaded posts with nuts, close to the center. I didn't have much to start with on this car, so 70% of it was missing. Are there supposed to be wires connected to this (these) posts?

... and I'd like to add my sincere appreciation for all of you that post regularly with an untold amount of good knowledge on these cars. You help so many more than you ever know. I have 30 years of racing experience but no one knows everything about all things "car". I may not be a big poster but you have my sincere thank you for the time you spend here.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Rick the instrument pod should get the fuel sender loop through the printed circuit connection at the top.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pace, thanks. That's what I thought but it looked like for some reason that were double nuts on the posts like maybe there had been wire eyelets or similar. I guess they are just to secure the PCB in that area. Thanks again! I'll push it in and button it up.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
As a side note the 67 and 68 instrument pods are notorious for bad grounds so before you button it up you might consider running a black wire from the pod top frame to the dash support frame for insurance.

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts
I am pretty sure this is what the OP is looking at and the nuts he is talking about. The screw post and nuts do come from the fuel gauge, but they are connected to the printed circuit board. They don't have wires attached to these post. You can follow the printed circuit from the post to the plug connection where it connect to the dash wiring harness.

Roger

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts