Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I maybe in need of another Printed Circuit Board for a 67 camaro. I would like to stay with an original, but I don’t see that happening. Is there a good aftermarket one available and from where? Thanks

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
The majority of GM printed circuit boards of that era were prone to brittleness, but the reproductions use a more durable mylar backing that seems to last longer, and wears better on the metal surfaces. The majority of big vendors all sell circuits and I have not heard of one being better than the others. There are usually two different ones pictured by all the vendors, one is clear with tan highlights, the other is clear with bluish/green highlights. Both Made in USA so may in fact come from one manufacturer, and that may be OER but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brian.... I have noticed the two different color variations. My has a small spot that has worn through at the low fuel light connection. I think it maybe causing a short. When switching the car on the fuse blows.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Yeah could be causing a ground short. You can disconnect the board carefully try to repair the gap, but more than likely you will have or develop others as time goes by with the original IMHO

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah could be causing a ground short. You can disconnect the board carefully try to repair the gap, but more than likely you will have or develop others as time goes by with the original IMHO
Agree. If one circuit "runner" opened up on this flexible circuit board film, others will soon happen as well. Best to replace it while you have it out, preventing you from doing it all over again if you attempt a repair of the original one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts