Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Camaro last year, it was not the original dark blue, but a light blue. The 15" rally wheels were painted to match, and I would like to restore them to original since I'm getting my car painted soon. I'd like to know:
What is the best way to restore these? Is there a "correct" color to paint them after being stripped? Or do I just strip, polish, then clearcoat?
They also came with the "police disk" center caps (which I think are ugly). It doesn't matter much right now, but I'm curious if these are also correct for the '67.
Thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would venture to guess that your car did not come with 15 inch wheels. More likely 14x6 or 14x7 rallys. As far as the cap, I think the flat one would be correct. Does your car have disc brakes???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Strip them, either blast them, or see if a machine shop will tank them for you.Then you should re-paint them.The color is available at several places. N.A.P.A has it as Aluminum Wheel color and it is the correct silver color. As Brian states below, everyone calls it something different.If you get the N.A.P.A. brand Argent silver from your local N.A.P.A store, it is too bright, more suited for 4 x 4 truck rallys.Year one has the correct color, Eastwood has it, along with many others.

[This message has been edited by Doug Garland (edited 11-15-99).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Dave: I'm not entirely sure where these 15' rallys came from. My car does not have disk brakes though, it's just a plain jane 327.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts