Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to switch my standard 67 interior to deluxe. i have heard that my back seat is three inches to long. is this correct? if so, what seat can i use? 67-69 deluxe rear seat? just 67 deluxe rear seat? or possibly something from a firebird? since i can not find these new, where would you suggest i start? i also know there are other things i need to change , but this one has me stumped. please help, thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think that all 67-69 Camaro and Firebird deluxe seats will work, but the upholstery may be different from the other years. The deluxe seat is narrower because of the armrests that are on the rear side panels. I've found that these seats are a little hard to come by. Your best bet might be to try to find one from a Firebird. I know where there are two of them. One is in a junkyard in San Bernadino CA and the other is at Memory Lane (a classic car junkyard outside of Los Angeles). You might also try to put a wanted ad up on this sight, I'm sure someone has what you need. Remember when switching to a deluxe interior you're going to need to replace your window regulators because they are in a different location than the standard. You're also going to have to get the sail panel lights and wiring harness as well if you want it to look authentic. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks shadow, would a fold down seat fit the same application?

[This message has been edited by tucsonan (edited 05-18-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts