Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone of you who have done the Hotchkiss springs on all four corners tell me: What's the distance from the centre of wheel to the guard lip on your 67/68 Camaros?

I want to compare how it would look in relation to my already tired springs.

Thank you,

Jorge MR

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I have not measured mine yet since I am still in the process of re-assembling the front suspension. When I completed the rear spring swap, however, there was a slight increase in ride height from my original, tired monoleaf springs! Maybe 1/2" higher.

I should be done with my front end by Feb. 1st and will measure the heights once the swap is complete, if you can wait that long!

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just finished my front now, and i can say, damn its low. =) I need to adjust my camber angle and buy 215/45 tires before i can take it to a shop that aligns the front. =)

But first, i must do my rear end with 1,5" drop

(Hotchkis 2" drop in front)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, Magnus.

Once you are ready please let me know your car's measurements as well.

Thank you,

Jorge MR

·
Registered
266 Posts
jmr1965:

Yes i will. Now i think it will give wrong figures, the rearend looks like a offroad-jeep or something, so the front is tilted downwards.

R

·
0 Posts
I have hotchkiss springs in the rear of my 67 from wheel well to top of 15" rally rim I have 8" that's with the polly pad installed. springs are a year old

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your replies. As you come with your numbers please drop them in here.

Jorge MR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts