Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased and attached aftermarket chrome rocker molding chrome for my 67 convertible. It fits pretty good, but their is a pretty big gap at both ends of the molding that attachs to the door. The clips that came with the molding worked great in the middle of the molding, but at then end they went from using studs to attach the molding to using screws. The problem is that in order for the clips to hold the molding tight to the door they have to be at the end of the molding, and then there isn't room inside the door to tighten the screw down! AH!!!

Anyone with any ideas, give me a yell.

Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
I feel your pain. I have these moldings on my '68. What you have to do is re-bend the clips to allow the edges of the molding to be drawn toward the door skin. Remove the clips from the molding, you can do this by turning them counter clockwise and still leave the molding on the door. Then use a pair of pliers to tweek the top bend to increase the angle. Do the same for the bottom. Now flatten out the center bend slightly to re-gain the overall length. Reinstall the clips rotating clockwise. Install the screw and tighten. readjust as necessary.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The end molding clip screws are not tightened from inside the door. They are located at the ends and the screws remain exposed so as you can see them when the door is opened. If your car didnt have RS moldings originally, you'll need to drill a hole through the outer door skin and frame way in back and near the hinges.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, now that makes a lot more sense! I'll have to move the end clips and redrill the end holes.

Thanks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts