Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to do a touchup repaint on my '67 Camaro this Spring (its a driver), painted it about 10 years ago with 2-stage base/clear myself and it had some bad spots that needed attention. I was thinking that I would just do the 2 doors, and the backhalf of the body, and leave the front fenders and hood alone, as they look good. My brother says the paint will never match to the front, and to plan to do the front fenders as well, but I'm not sure how hard it will be to remove the emblems on the front fenders. Can you get to the nuts on the backside without removing them completely? My brother said just to remove the inner fenderwells, but I don't think that is possible without removing fenders, is it? Seems like I might have glued some of the smaller emblems on as well, so I am a bit leary about going to all the extra work.
Appreciate the professional advice that come from this site!

Steve.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
I tend to agree with your bro that color can be a bear to match especially if has been on the car for some time. You can remove the inner fender well easily.

Vince

·
Registered
290 Posts
Loosening the lower fender mounting is the ticket rather than removing the inner fender. Once the bolts are removed it is easily pulled out enough to gain access to those trim items.

Vince

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to pull out the bottom of the fender enough to get at the lower emblem nuts, and was able to pop the upper one off from the outside, amazingly enough. I just used some push on clips for the upper camaro emblem when I did it 10 years ago.
So now just need to sand and paint! Yay!

·
Super Moderator
33,498 Posts
You might unscrew those bottom fender bolts and coat the threads, both the bolt and the nut, with antiseize for later use in life.
You'll appreciate it then. Good luck on the repaint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.