Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right side works fine but the left side doesn't. The one that works feels tight when you move it manualy. The one that doesn't work feels like it has no restriction at all.Does it sound like the gears are wiped out or does anyone have any other thoughts.

·
Registered
65 Posts
sounds like the gears are blown,but if you move the door to the middle postion (off the limit switchs) you should be able to hear the motor running

·
10,147 Posts
The door arm has a friction device on it (plastic washers) to allow manual opening. some are tight and some are loose. I don't think that indicates anything unless you feel gears stripping.
See if there is power getting to the motor.
I don't know a lot about these, my 67RS has not had much trouble.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 original owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
622 Posts
attached to the motor is a plastic housing that holds a series of stacked gears, about 4 layers of them, each layer has a sun gear and 4 planetary gears, the inside of the plastic housing has teeth like the gears, it all meshes together, this plastic housing can strip out on the inside, mine did. gear reduction is what it is. you should check for power at the motor and switches before you condem anything. David

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts