Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone has a schematic of how the headlight covers on a RS are wired? I have a good restoration manual, but it doesn't show the actual cover motor/limit switch/light switch wiring. The old wiring is a little brittle and I don't want to push/pull too much at this point.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Brad,

I got the diagram from Rick First Generation about 6 years ago. I just looked and it looks like they have a different book but the same information. The book cost around $6. Phone # 1-800-359-7717. It worked for me but the system is very complex and took me a while to figure out. Also the motors I bought were wired bachwards which required me to conect the wires to the motor backward. If you have this problem it will become apparent when you get it all hooked up. For me, the doors opened the when I turned off the lights and then closed when I turned on the lights. The connector for the motors was designed to only go on one way so I had to modify the connector. They work great now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I saw the wiring diagrams in FirstGen but didn't know if they were complete. I will go ahead and buy them.

Brad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I saw the wiring diagrams in FirstGen but didn't know if they were complete. I will go ahead and buy them.

Brad

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
There is an issue of Camaro Enthusiast which shows the schematic, but I still had some trouble verifying some of the shorter wires. I'll check which issue it is, it's the old US Camaro Club magazine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts