Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out my RS headlight asembly to replace the motor. I found a diagram that shows all the little bits and pieces, which I posted below. What I found when I took mine apart does not match this diagram. I'll post a pic of mine in the next post (I can only post 1 pic per post with iPad). I also looked on line for a replacement washer kit and those don't match the diagram or what I have. :mad:

I also have the Factory Assembly Instruction Manual and it does not show the washers/disks for the RS.

Any comments on what washer/disk setup should be?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Carl,

The diagram you posted is only for the retro-electro aftermarket motors, which uses additional plastic discs, additional washers, and an extra jam nut.

What you have looks correct for the original setup.
Mark

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Future reference for anyone who is doing this for the first time. There are 2 kits available: a Bushing kit and a Drive Motor kit. What I thought was the kit to replace the motor mount washers was really the Bushing kit. The bushing kit is for the hinges on the RS door, while the drive motor kit is the washers for the, you guessed it, motor. I just saw bushing kit and thought it was the right one until I looked further and saw the drive motor kit.

Anywho, had to order the other kit and it wont deliver until next week. When I realized this I figured I might as well rebuild both headlights as the kits aren't expensive. So I also got the hinge pins, headlight spring retainer, etc... And I'll put in halogen lights. Turned into a little more than I intended but a fun easy project nonetheless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts